Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gotta get em Sep-a-rated...


Today I finally got the tub off of the frame. This took more work than I expected due to the tailgate sill repair that I mentioned last time... It was also welded to the frame from underneath in an area that I couldn't get to to cut. So... I had to cut the sheetmetal away from the Angle iron that was used to replace the Sill. Not too bad, but still a lot of cutting. What was left of the sill is still on the frame to be removed more easily with the body out of the way. You can see the sill and tailgate hinges still on the back of the frame.


Here's the tub in it's new temporary home. Getting the tub off and onto those sawhorses wasn't easy by myself, but I had enough jacks and 2x4s to make it work.

I'm going to leave the frame etc outside this afternoon to hopefully get cleaned off a little more in the rain.

Next I need to procure an engine hoist to remove the engine, transmission, and Transfer case. then the cleaning and re-building process can begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home