Tuesday, December 05, 2006

4bt removed and new tub

First, I finally got the 4bt entirely removed from the van chassis and split the 2wd TH400 transmission off of the engine. Then I mounted it to an engine stand so I can clean it up and replace a few seals.
Here's the engine as it sits.
Next, I picked up another tub from my buddy David. This one is in slightly better shape than the one I have, but has some really bad rocker rot that will have to be fixed. Also, I will replace the rear quarters because the previous owner hacked this tub for big tires.

Most likely I'll have to graft the two tubs together to get a good finished product.

That's all for now. The next step is to disassemble the Frito Lay Truck so I can get it out of my yard and recoup some cost from the scrap yard.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home