Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Roll Cage part 1

Since I'm still waiting on my new quarter panels to come in to finish the tub up, I decided to start working on the cage. The cage that was in the second tub I got was in fair condition but wasn't quite as beefy as I'd like. Also, I needed somewhere to mount harnesses, and wanted to tie the new seats into the cage. Here's where it stands right now:
The black parts are what I started with, and the blue tubes are what has been added so far. the tubes are blue because I'm recycling them from the cage I built for my Jeep. I decided to add the door bars to mount the seats to and also to add a bit more protection to the door area since I plan to run no doors most of the time. Next, I added the diagonals to the B hoop to tie the shoulder harnesses into without impeding access to the back too much. Finally, I added the two spreaders between the A and B hoops. My seats should be in tomorrow so I can finish up with the seat mounts and get the thing cleaned up and painted.
Finally, I had to include the required weld closeup shot. Not too bad eh?
I'll post more up when I get the seats in and the mounts fabricated. That's all for now...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home