Friday, July 20, 2007

Engine and Tranny Mounted!

As in the last post, I now have the engine and tranny mated together and ready for installation. I am waiting on an advanced adaptors Transfer case adaptor and a transfer case rebuild kit to mount the transfer case to the transmission. I decided to go ahead and mount the transmission and engine, as it shouldn't be difficult to mount the transfer case after the fact. I saved the liquid filled mounts from the Frito Lay van to use, so I fabricated up some mounts for these.
These are made out of 6x6x1/4 wall square tubing and welded to the frame. I decided to use the front mount engine brackets left over from the P30, which is why the passenger side mount is higher (The engine was tilted 10 degrees in the P30) I threw some rust-oleum on them and finagled the engine in. I mounted the engine 5.5" behind the radiator support to save room for a Ford Taurus electric fan. Here are some pictures of the engine installed, with the rear of the transmission supported where I think it will be by the engine hoist.
The front springs sagged down a good bit, so I may need to add an add-a-leaf for the extra weight. We'll have to wait and see on that.
That's all for now!
Tim




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you plan to run the exhaust?
Also, Im thinking of using the nv4500, and i saw that website which looked like an awesome price for a new unit and i was wondering how the tranny looked compared to the original tranny hump hole for the shifter?
And another thing, I rebuilt my transfer case with the transmision mounted behind my f motor, and with the factory crossmember it was almost impossible. Dont remember if yours is still in there, but may want to consider cutting it out and making a new one.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your projectfj40.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your projectfj40.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home